When you need commercial freezer repairs in Delaware, you are likely stressed out about the cost and the downtime. That can be a dicey situation if you run a restaurant or other food service industry where food safety is paramount to your company’s reputation and license. Here are five tips to preserve your commercial freezer so repairs are less likely and uncommon:
- Go with Energy Star: You can find Energy Star for commercial as well as consumer appliances. The primary value of these appliances is energy efficiency. An Energy Star freezer can cut your utility costs by up to half each year. Many businesses report saving $1,000 to $2,500 each year at a minimum. Also, Energy Star indicates that your freezer is made of the latest technology that is also more likely to perform admirably for you. There is no losing when you decide to go with efficiency.
- Watch your freezer’s location: Commercial freezers will wear out if they need to work harder than necessary. One way you can work your freezer into an early appliance grave is placing it in an area in your kitchen where it is exposed to heat. It will be at constant war with its environment, and the wear and tear will occur more quickly. If you can help it, keep your freezer away from cooking appliances and your HVAC ductwork. Find a spot where it is unlikely to be exposed to sunlight. At the very least, find a way to shield it from these elements.
- Look into a blast chiller: Your freezer is a food storage device. It is not built to cool down food quickly as a step in the cooking process. All you are doing is making it work harder to return to the best temperature for storage. However, many restaurants use their commercial freezers for this purpose, and then wonder why it breaks down at a critical time. Purchase a blast chiller instead, since its function is to cool food. Your freezer will thank you.
- Purchase an open door alarm: Many freezers wear out and require repair or replacement because hurried employees leave them open. This oversight leads to cool air escaping, as well as lower food integrity and high power bills. Help your employees by installing an open door alarm, so when this mistake occurs, it can be solved in a timely manner. This expense will prove worth it with reasonable energy costs and less pressure on your essential appliance.
- Watch the temperature: Newer models, especially those with the Energy Star designation, come with a digital thermometer. This helps you maintain the ideal temperature to avoid spoiling food, but it can also help you monitor the condenser. Keeping the freezer at a lower setting than needed places pressure on the condenser, which could lead to a part replacement cost. Having this method of watching temperature will prove essential to monitoring your freezer’s functioning and helping you lower energy costs.
If you require commercial freezer repairs in Delaware, contact Commercial Equipment Service. We offer free estimates and 24-hour service to meet your needs.