Believe it or not, it’s that time of year again when we have to start preparing for winter weather. We need to put the snow tires on, add insulation to our homes, seal the windows and, most importantly, prepare our HVAC systems. While you may be able to do some of your winter preparations by yourself, you’ll need a professional to prepare your commercial HVAC system. Continue reading to learn what we can do to help get your system ready for the winter!
Why is winter preparation important?
We don’t just recommend HVAC preparation to make some money before we make repairs. The points below are just a couple of reasons why we get calls from our customers each fall to tune up their HVAC systems:
- Prevent breakdowns: Constantly calling a pro for commercial appliance repair in Delaware is expensive, frustrating and can lead to a loss in business. Instead of worrying about all of that, make one single call to have your HVAC system tuned up for the winter. A solid cleaning and making minor repairs before the temperature drops will help ensure your HVAC system runs throughout the season.
- Lower energy bills: Doing things like lowering the heat while you’re away, turning off the lights when you’re not in a room and unplugging appliances when they’re not in use can save a lot of money on your energy bills each month. But one of the best ways to save some money is to have a professional maintain your HVAC system each fall. A quick cleaning and tune-up will ensure your system runs more efficiently, thus using up less energy when it’s running.
What does winter preparation entail?
It’s important to maintain your commercial HVAC system all year long by replacing the filters and clearing debris from around the system. In addition, here’s what our professionals will do to your unit when you give us a call for maintenance:
- Examination: The first thing our pros do when they arrive on the scene is examine your unit. We fully inspect your unit to make sure that everything looks and works as it should.
- Repairs/replacement: If any component is broken or looks like it’s about to break, we’ll fix it straight away so that you don’t have to worry about a breakdown in the middle of the winter. Having those broken parts replaced or repaired now will still set you back, but you won’t have to be in an uncomfortably cold building while waiting for the parts to come in!
- Cleaning: Your HVAC unit collects tons of dust and debris throughout the year. All of this dust leads to a drop in unit efficiency and is usually a big reason why units quit working. While you can do things like clean up the area surrounding your system, you should let the pros get in and clean out the intricate components of your HVAC unit.
Unfortunately, problems can occur even if you properly maintain your HVAC system. That’s why Commercial Equipment Service is here! We have years of experience with all sorts of commercial appliance repair in Delaware. Regardless of the appliance that’s broken, you can count on our team of experts to get it back up and running in no time.