Walking into a building with an effective AC system is incredibly refreshing during the summer, but you might not feel as refreshed when you look at your utility bill at the end of the month. Running an AC system in your commercial building can be very expensive, but it’s also necessary to keep your employees and customers cool and comfortable during the hot summer months. The good news is that you can maintain the comfort of your building while keeping your costs reasonable by investing in routine AC service in Delaware and keeping the following tips in mind:
- Promote air circulation: You should never underestimate the importance of air circulation when it comes to keeping your workplace cool. Use fans to promote circulation, especially in areas that tend to become overheated, like commercial kitchens and server rooms. You can move fans around during the day to circulate more air throughout your space.
- Turn your thermostat a little higher: Lots of people set their thermostats so low that they waste a significant amount of energy and drive up their overhead costs in the process. By turning your thermostat up, even by just a few degrees, you can curb energy waste and reduce your costs significantly. You should also set your thermostat a little bit higher overnight and at other times when your building is unoccupied.
- Limit thermal heat transfer: A lot of the heat inside businesses comes from thermal heat transfer through walls and windows. You can curb this heat transfer by keeping shades and blinds closed during the day to prevent direct sunlight from elevating your building’s temperature. You can also consider additional measures to insulate your building, especially if there are portions of your building that are especially susceptible to drafts and heat transfer.
- Use a smart thermostat: A smart thermostat can automatically adjust your building’s HVAC systems to regulate temperatures more efficiently. These systems can be controlled remotely through a mobile app so you can always stay in control of your cooling system, no matter where you are. Using smart thermostats can make a big difference in the efficiency of your system and help you reduce your cooling costs.
- Invest in AC maintenance: You might not realize just how inefficient your AC system is until you receive your energy bill. Some systems simply lose efficiency as they get older, but a lot of efficiency issues can be linked to a lack of proper AC maintenance. Maintaining your AC system will help contribute to more effective cooling of your building and improve the efficiency of your system. Regular professional AC service in Delaware can boost efficiency, cut your costs and extend the lifespan of your AC system.
Schedule AC service in Delaware
If you have more questions about how to manage your cooling costs, reach out to the experts at Commercial Equipment Service Inc. For decades, our team has been proud to provide a wide range of commercial equipment services, including commercial refrigeration and HVAC sales, installation, repairs and maintenance. You can learn more about what we do and get started with a free consultation and quote by giving us a call today.