During the summer, the last thing any business owner wants is to have their AC be on the fritz. This kind of problem gives an automatic advantage to your competitors. The best way to deal with this issue is to never encounter it in the first place by putting several simple preventative maintenance measures into action ahead of time. This will save you money on costly repairs and keep the AC humming throughout the hot summer weather.
Having an expert in HVAC maintenance in Delaware on call is always a smart idea, too. Here are our leading maintenance tips to keep your HVAC system in tip-top shape:
- Check the refrigerant charge on a regular basis. If it’s low, it should be recharged.
- Clean the condenser and evaporator coils on the system before use in the spring or summer. These should also be carefully examined for any potential leaks.
- Check all of the rooms throughout the building. Is the airflow relatively consistent in each? Is one room considerably cooler than another? If so, you may need to reposition the dampers.
- Take a look at all the belts and pulleys in the air conditioning unit. Any that are damaged or not functional should be replaced.
- Lubricate all the motors, bearings or other moving parts on the unit.
- Inspect all the thermostats and electronic controls to ensure they are working properly.
- Clear the drain lines and pans of any dirt, grime or debris.
- Replace the filters on the AC system. This is to ensure the air quality remains high and the unit functions at its most efficient.
- Examine all electrical connections on the AC unit to see if any need to be repaired or replaced.
The air conditioning isn’t the only thing that should be regularly inspected. It’s also important to examine the furnace before the fall and winter. Check to see if the ignition and burner assemblies are working properly. Look at all the electrical connections as well as the fan and blower. Recheck your thermostats and electronic controls as well.
Perhaps all of this information has you feeling a bit overwhelmed. Don’t worry about it—you can leave HVAC maintenance in Delaware to the professionals! Commercial Equipment Service Inc. has helped restaurants and other commercial facilities since 1984. Our team of reliable technicians offer affordable prices on a range of services. For HVAC, cooking and refrigeration systems in Delaware, there’s no better name in the industry.
We specialize in the installation, repair, and maintenance of an extensive variety of equipment, from refrigeration to beverage systems to ice machines and air conditioning. We help our customers choose the best new equipment for their needs, and provide installation service as well as long-term care—and we’re also available 24/7 to handle emergency repairs and keep our clients’ businesses running smoothly. Next time you’re in need of commercial restaurant equipment assistance, give us a call. We look forward to working with you to ensure your operation doesn’t run into any avoidable snags with your HVAC and refrigeration equipment!