If you’re a restaurant owner, you know just how important the equipment you have in your kitchen and dining area is to the success and efficiency of your operation. While there are many pieces of equipment that you’ll be able to use for years or even decades, there will eventually come a time where it will make sense for you to make some upgrades.
So, if you’re in the market for new restaurant equipment, what are some of the factors you need to take into account? Here’s a quick rundown of what you should consider when looking at restaurant equipment sales in Delaware:
- Measurements: It’s not much use bringing in a new piece of equipment if you’re unsure it’s going to fit in the space you’ve designated for it. Therefore, you should know the exact measurements of your kitchen before you purchase anything, and take the measurements of the potential equipment into account before you make a purchase decision. This will allow you to map out an equipment layout for your kitchen long before you actually bring anything into your space.
- Capacity: Try to quantify how busy your restaurant gets during average peak hours. You’re going to want equipment that allows you to cook the right amount of food to be able to handle that capacity. The best way to do this is by taking notes on how much food you prepare during your rush hours. You’ll then have some useful information at your disposal when it comes time to make a purchase decision.
- Compliance: Any equipment you bring into your restaurant must comply with all local and federal codes, including fire codes, health codes, OSHA requirements and other food safety guidelines. Most products that are designed for commercial kitchens should follow these codes, but it’s still important to keep all of this information in mind when browsing your options. In addition, it is important to make sure any equipment you bring into your restaurant does not make it difficult for you to maintain a safe working environment for your kitchen employees.
- Brand: Consider which brand of equipment you want to purchase. There are certain brands that have earned a strong reputation due to years of creating high-quality products. Part of this means checking to see what kinds of warranties are available for certain pieces of equipment through each brand. Some brands offer better warranties and service deals than others.
- Service: Consider the kind of service and maintenance you have available to you in your area. It might be tempting to purchase a highly specialized piece of equipment as a sort of luxury, but if you don’t have anyone in your area who’s capable of servicing it, you might want to opt for something a bit more universal.
These are just a few of the main issues you’re going to want to keep in mind while you’re investigating restaurant equipment sales in Delaware. Contact Commercial Equipment Service Inc. today for more information and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.