If your business depends on a walk-in cooler, it also depends on having a clean walk-in cooler. Cleaning and maintaining your commercial walk-in cooler in Delaware is important to ensure energy efficiency and successful operation year after year.
Here are some tips for how to clean your walk-in cooler and keep it well maintained between service appointments:
- Mop and sweep regularly: Make sure to sweep and mop your floor on a regular basis. Not only will it help keep everything hygienic, but it will remove dirt and food debris that can attract destructive pests.
- Use soap and water for (almost) everything: When it’s time to give everything a good wipe down, use regular soap and water for the best results. Never use harsh chemicals, as they can damage the cooler walls and machinery.
- Clean the evaporator coils: Twice per year, use a stiff-bristled brush and a self-rinsing cleanser. This will help keep dirt and debris under control, which affects your condenser’s ability to cool off the rest of the cooler.
- Wipe down the gaskets: The door gaskets are an often-overlooked part of cleaning your cooler—but if they get too dirty, they can prevent the doors from sealing properly. This allows hot air to escape and will run up your energy bills. If the gaskets are degrading or crumbling, replace them immediately.
- Clean your fan blades: About twice per year, you should also turn off the cooler and take the opportunity to thoroughly clean the fan blades.
- Keep objects and debris away from the motors and fans: Never allow debris to build up, or stack objects around your walk-in cooler. Trim back grass or weeds and make sure that there’s nothing around the coils that could restrict airflow. Don’t pile anything on top of your walk-in cooler.
- Professional drain line cleaning: You should have a reliable cooler maintenance company on call to service your walk-in cooler—and part of the maintenance tasks include flushing and cleaning the drain lines.
Maintaining your commercial walk-in cooler
Cleaning isn’t the only part of cooler maintenance you need to stay on top of. It’s also important that your cooler is regularly serviced by a local walk-in cooler maintenance company in Delaware. Maintenance should include checking the coils, cables, belts, hoses, gaskets and more to ensure the cooler is operating as efficiently as possible. You’ll also want them to check your electrical connections and the mechanical components that ensure smooth operation.
If you’re running into any issues with your walk-in cooler, your service company should be able to help you troubleshoot (and perhaps even fix them on the spot). Staying on top of cleaning and maintenance will ensure the energy-efficient, safe and reliable operation that your business requires.
When it’s time to clean and maintain your business’s walk-in cooler in Delaware, be sure to call Commercial Equipment Service Inc. We can help you keep your cooler running properly all year long. Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment—we look forward to assisting you soon!