Are opening a restaurant or other food establishment in Delaware? Finding the right commercial kitchen equipment should be at the top of your to-do list. Quality equipment ensures that your team can provide the very best food to your hungry customers. Here’s a quick rundown of the basic restaurant kitchen equipment you’ll need for your food service business.
You’ll use cooking equipment at your food establishment on a daily basis, so remember that the quality of these appliances is very important. Whether you’re operating a buffet, a catering service or a sandwich shop, here are some of the main cooking appliances you’ll need to get your operation up and running:
- Oven: For most food establishments, the oven is the most useful piece of commercial kitchen equipment you can buy. You may need multiple ovens, depending on the volume of food you’re preparing. The type of food you serve will dictate the oven or ovens that you need in your kitchen. You can choose from convection, combination, pizza or conveyor ovens.
- Range: Your choice of a range depends largely on personal preference. While gas is commonly used by professional chefs since it heats up quickly, electric ranges can be good in certain cases. They heat up more slowly, but they’re more energy-efficient and they’re cheaper to install.
- Deep fryer: Fryers are used to prepare much more than your standard French fries or onion rings. This versatile piece of equipment is necessary if you’re whipping up delicious foods like donuts, chicken tenders, fried pickles and more.
- Grills/griddles: If you’re making foods with charred and smoky flavors, a char broil grill is an essential piece of equipment. Griddles cook in much the same way as grills, but they have a flat metallic surface for cooking the food. If you’re operating a diner or other quick-service food establishment, you really can’t do it without a quality griddle.
Refrigeration and food storage equipment
All food establishments need the right refrigeration and food holding equipment to keep ingredients fresh and safe for consumption. Whether you operate a restaurant or catering establishment in Delaware, the following refrigeration appliances are vital pieces of restaurant kitchen equipment:
- Refrigerator: Most food service businesses need a variety of refrigerators for storing food. The most common types are walk-in coolers, pass-through refrigeration units, reach-in fridges and prep fridges.
- Freezer: The freezer options for your business are as varied as refrigerator options. You can choose from small under-counter units or walk-in freezers, depending on your needs and the volume of food you’re storing.
- Ice machine: If you plan on serving beverages at your establishment, an ice machine is an essential appliance. There’s a surprising variety when it comes to ice machines. You can choose from modular, under-counter, countertop or combination ice/water machines.
Choosing the right commercial kitchen equipment directly affects the success of your food establishment in Delaware. From ovens to ice makers, the quality of food you prepare and serve depends on the quality of your appliances. Contact Commercial Equipment Service Inc. to help you select the best equipment and appliances for your food service business.