Are you looking to open a new restaurant? There’s some equipment that every commercial kitchen needs, including an oven, dishwashing station, grill and deep fryer—but that only scratches the surface. New restaurant owners don’t often realize how much commercial kitchen equipment they actually need. That’s why we’ve covered some of the most essential restaurant equipment below.
Read on to figure out what equipment your commercial kitchen needs:
- Oven: No matter what type of food you serve at your restaurant, it’s important to have a commercial oven. Top-quality commercial ovens are extremely versatile and can cook a variety of different dishes. There are several different types of commercial ovens, including pizza ovens, bakery ovens and many more. Determine your exact needs before purchasing an oven.
- Deep fryers: Deep fryers are also essential equipment at most restaurants. You can use these devices to fry French fries, donuts, mozzarella sticks and just about anything else. People of all ages love fried food. Deep fryers make frying food quick and efficient.
- Refrigeration unit: It’s important to invest in a refrigeration unit large enough to store all your ingredients. The size can vary depending on the size of your restaurant and the type of food you serve. That’s why it’s important to consult with a reputable commercial kitchen equipment supplier. They’ll have the best advice on what type of refrigerator you need.
- Griddles: If your restaurant offers breakfast options, be sure to invest in a large griddle. Griddles are the perfect way to cook pancakes, eggs and other breakfast items. Many chefs prefer to use a griddle for cooking burgers and grilled sandwiches as well.
- Pans, pots and other cookware: There’s a variety of cookware that every restaurant needs, including pots, baking sheets and pans of varying sizes. Some restaurants also require woks and cast-iron pans. Invest in cookware that’s built to last so you don’t have to replace something every few weeks.
- Cooking utensils: Every restaurant needs a set of spatulas, tongs, ladles and grill scrapers. You may also want to invest in brushes, pizza cutters, potato mashers and cheese graters.
- Knives: Knives are one of the most essential tools of any chef. Provide your chefs with a variety of top-quality knives so they can prepare dishes to perfection.
- Microwaves: Even if you do most of your cooking via an oven or grill, it’s best to have a microwave around. You can use a microwave to heat sauces, defrost food and more.
Pick up all essential restaurant equipment
As you can see, there’s a lot of equipment every restaurant requires. Consider making a list of all the equipment you need before hitting the supply store. Be sure to only work with a reputable kitchen equipment supplier as this will ensure you get top-quality equipment at fair prices.
Contact Commercial Equipment Service Inc. if you’re a restaurant owner. We can supply you with all the equipment you’ll need. Our services also include kitchen equipment repairs and installations.