For many people, going out to eat is a special treat. We work hard all week, and not having to cook on a Friday night is a reward in itself, so there’s nothing worse than being uncomfortable in one’s chosen restaurant. A lack of comfort can happen for many reasons—like loud patrons, poor lighting, bad food and lousy service. Most of that cannot be anticipated or prevented, but as the owner, there are still simple things you can do to make customers happy. In the summer, making sure your restaurant’s air conditioning is working certainly qualifies.
Here are some things to watch out for if you think your business’ air conditioner is on the fritz and you need to seek out commercial appliance repair in Delaware:
- Strange odors: Just like with cars, air conditioning units in businesses can give off funny smells when they are not working properly. When a system begins to run warmer than usual, the damp environment inside the unit can grow mold and fungus, which causes strange odors. Your patrons may love your food, but a nasty smell will certainly make them think twice about coming back again.
- Loud banging: You may notice a loud knocking or banging when your AC unit kicks on. This is not a good sign. Strange, loud noises are clear indicators that something is off with your system. Even if the air is still blowing cold, an out-of-place noise could mean a larger problem is soon to come. The moment you notice a problem like this, call an expert to perform commercial appliance repair in Delaware. If left unchecked, the noise could evolve into a more serious repair and put a stop to business.
- Air is not cold: Another sign that things are wrong with your air conditioner is probably one you’ll notice first—it’s just not blowing cold air. This can be caused by a number of things, among the most common of which is low coolant. Every so often AC units need to be recharged with coolant to continue blowing cold air, but it could also be a sign of a more substantial failure. Contact your AC professional as soon as you realize that cold air is not flowing.
- Customers are complaining:Regardless of what may or may not be happening inside your AC unit, customers will not be happy or comfortable in a hot, muggy restaurant. If you get more than a few customer complaints, you should consider calling a company for professional commercial appliance repair in Delaware. There is no faster way to lose business than having customers talking about how uncomfortable your establishment was while they were trying to eat.
- Employees are uncomfortable: The comfort of your employees is just as important as that of your customers, and maybe more so. If your employees are mentioning the heat, get it checked out quickly. There are few things less appetizing as having a sweaty server dripping over the food they are carrying out.
Don’t let your restaurant’s kitchen and dining area continue to get hotter and hotter. For air conditioner replacement, installation or other needed commercial appliance repair in Delaware, give the team at Commercial Equipment Service a call today.