Many business owners may not notice that their commercial refrigeration equipment is not running at its best. Regularly seeking help from a commercial refrigeration contractor in Delaware, however, can maximize your gear’s efficiency and help your business run as smoothly as possible.
Identifying and repairing problems with your restaurant’s commercial refrigeration systems can quickly become a matter of food safety, and should not be delayed at any cost. There are a number of telltale signs that you can use to identify whether your gear is in need of the services of a commercial refrigeration contractor:
- Getting too hot: All electronic devices produce a small amount of heat. If the components of your commercial refrigeration equipment are not running at their best, however, they may be producing a large amount of heat. If you are noticing that the areas surrounding your refrigerator are warmer than usual, there is a good chance that it needs to be serviced, repaired or even replaced.
- Inconsistent temperature: If your refrigerators are not holding their temperature, it could be due to something as simple as broken seals. It could also, however, be due to a malfunctioning thermometer or other more serious problem. If the temperature in your refrigerator is fluctuating, you should contact a commercial refrigeration contractor as soon as possible.
- Spoiling food: Food can be spoiled by refrigerators that are running too cold, as well as those that are running too hot. If you are experiencing food spoilage at rates that are faster than you would normally experience, there could be problems with your commercial refrigeration equipment. If any of your refrigerators are spoiling food at a rapid rate, it’s best to move all of the food out of that unit and wait for it to be examined by a qualified commercial refrigeration service in Delaware.
- Motor sounds: One of the most common component failures in commercial refrigeration gear is that of the motor. If the motor in your refrigerator’s compressor is not cycling on and off, but rather staying on consistently, it could be caused by several problems, including a faulty thermometer or a broken motor. In cases where it is determined that the motor itself is faulty, it is frequently more cost-effective to simply replace the entire unit.
- Extraneous condensation: If your refrigerator has a visible layer of condensation or frost on the outside of the unit, it is a definite sign that you need to seek the services of a commercial refrigeration contractor as soon as possible. Excessive condensation, which is caused by numerous factors, can result in the buildup of unsanitary and potentially deadly molds and mildews.
Restaurateurs know that commercial refrigeration equipment is one of the backbones of their business. Without properly functioning cooling gear, business owners are unable to provide safe, fresh and delicious foods.
Commercial Equipment Service has been providing business owners in Delaware and the surrounding areas with commercial refrigeration service since 1984. Reach out to us today to learn how you can benefit from the services of a reliable commercial refrigeration contractor in Delaware!