If you run a restaurant or other hospitality business that makes heavy use of commercial appliances, it is important you keep those appliances in good working order at all times so your business is not hindered in any way. If you notice something going wrong with one of your most important appliances, it is understandable if your first instinct is to immediately call for commercial appliance repair in Delaware. However, there are some things you can try before calling a professional repair crew that could resolve the problem, meaning you can save yourself quite a bit of time and money with a quick, simple fix.
Here are a few tips for potential fixes to common appliance issues:
- Check the power: This might seem like an obvious suggestion, but you’d be amazed at how often we get called out to perform some repair work only to find the appliance either wasn’t turned on or was not plugged in. Sometimes a power surge or outage can cause a machine to automatically power down. This doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with the appliance—just that it needs to be restarted. Either turn it back on, or try unplugging the appliance, waiting a few minutes, then powering on again. In some circumstances, rebooting the appliance will resolve the issue you’ve been having.
- Check drains and valves: If your appliance uses water, it’s likely going to be prone to drain and valve blockages. Check the drains to look for debris, unhooking valve connections if needed. Do the same with your pipes and drain hoses. If you find a blockage anywhere, clear it as soon as possible, then try using the machine again to check and see if it is working properly.
- Check your breaker box: If you’ve recently had a power surge or other electrical issue, there’s a chance you have a blown fuse or flipped breaker in your breaker box. Check all of the fuses and your breaker box and see if that could be the issue.
- Check your appliance’s settings: You may have had an employee change some of the settings on a piece of commercial equipment, which means it won’t function as expected for the next person who comes along and uses it. This should be a simple fix. Go over the settings on your appliance and check to make sure they are set to their normal configuration. If not, you likely have discovered the source of your problem.
- Clean other parts of the system: Cleaning your equipment is an important part of keeping it in good condition for a long period of time. Clean all refrigerator coils, unblock dryer hoses and clean drains in your dishwashers. If you do not perform these routine cleaning and maintenance tasks, there’s a chance your machine could suffer from some more serious problems later down the road.
These are just a few examples of some steps you can take before calling for commercial appliance repair in Delaware. Contact the team at Commercial Equipment Service today for more tips.