Kitchen equipment repairs are a burden that every restaurant owner must endure. No matter how new your kitchen equipment is, they will need repairs eventually. That’s why it’s important to know which equipment you should especially keep an eye on. Properly maintaining your kitchen equipment will keep it from breaking too often.
Read on if you’re interested in learning about the most common commercial equipment repairs:
- Icemaker repairs: The icemaker is an important part of any restaurant. When it’s on the fritz, you’re sure to get many customer complaints. Not only that, but a broken icemaker could also cause major health issues. That’s why it’s important to address any icemaker problems as soon as possible. Even the smallest problems could cause big problems down the line.
- Dishwasher repairs: The dishwasher is one of the most common pieces of commercial kitchen equipment that needs repairs. Employees use the dishwasher every day to properly clean and sanitize dishes and cooking utensils. There are many ways to prevent excessive damage to your dishwasher, like scraping food off dishes before loading them, regularly inspecting dishwasher components and routinely cleaning the inside of the machine.
- Convection oven repairs: It’s always a challenge when any cooking equipment shuts down. The convection oven is responsible for baking, roasting, warming and much more. Avoid frequent convection oven repairs by having staff members clean it at the end of each day. Make sure they also know to inform you if there’s ever anything wrong with the convection oven.
- Freezer and refrigerator repairs: A broken freezer or refrigerator can cause massive chaos in a kitchen setting. It’s the job of a refrigerator and freezer to properly preserve food, thus ensuring the safety of diners. That’s why it’s important your refrigeration systems always work at maximum efficiency. If you think there’s a problem, it’s important to contact a refrigeration repair service right away. Proper refrigerator maintenance should always include routine cleaning and temperature monitoring.
- Griddle repairs: While not all restaurants use a griddle, they’re one of the most common commercial equipment repairs. Fast food and short order kitchens often use griddles to cook things like hamburgers, pancakes, eggs and bacon. If your griddle isn’t working, it may need replacement parts. It’s always best to have a professional inspect your griddle before purchasing any replacement parts.
Get in touch with a professional restaurant equipment service
Know that you know some of the most common kitchen equipment repairs, start inspecting your essential equipment right away. Even though we only covered the common commercial equipment repairs, it’s important to properly maintain all your kitchen appliances.
Proper equipment maintenance should include working with a professional. While it’s possible to clean and inspect kitchen equipment on your own, you should always leave repairs and other maintenance to the professionals.
At Commercial Equipment Service Inc., we offer top-quality kitchen equipment service at fair prices. Our services include restaurant equipment maintenance and repairs. We even offer 24/7 emergency service. Contact us today for all your kitchen equipment service needs.