Whether you’re just starting a restaurant or thinking about upgrading your equipment, buying used kitchen equipment can save you a bundle. Commercial kitchen equipment is designed to handle heavy traffic, daily use and more extreme situations than your stove and fridge at home. That heavy duty capacity comes with a price tag to match—but when you buy it used, you can enjoy high-quality equipment at a big discount.
Interested in learning more about used kitchen equipment benefits? Here are the biggest advantages of buying used kitchen equipment:
- Keep costs down: Obviously, saving money is one of the best reasons to buy used kitchen equipment. As long as you purchase from a reputable dealer (ask whether they offer a warranty), you can score high-quality items like stoves, sinks, exhaust systems, fridges, freezers and more. Running a restaurant is expensive, so this is a great way to save money without affecting the quality of your product. Most used equipment has only been used for a year or two. With regular care and maintenance, it could last decades.
- Get better equipment for less: Similarly, when you buy used, you have the chance to get higher-quality equipment than you might have been able to afford. Why not get a top-of-the-line stove for the same price that you would have spent on a lesser model? This is a particularly good time to look for deals, since many restaurants have had to close in the last two years.
- Environmentally-friendly: Going green is more popular than ever. All you have to do is imagine old kitchen equipment in a landfill to see why buying used is a smart choice. As long as your appliances and other equipment function well, you can reduce waste and help the environment—all while stocking your kitchen with high-end, low-cost commercial kitchen equipment.
- Less depreciation over time: Buying brand-new commercial kitchen equipment is a nice luxury, but it can depreciate dramatically. Watching the resale value drop is enough to make any restaurant owner cringe. The best solution is to buy used commercial kitchen equipment: You’ll reap the benefits of excellent quality with less potential of depreciation.
- Enjoy tax benefits: Last but not least, used kitchen equipment comes with tax benefits, too. Before you decide to write off brand-new pieces for your restaurant, remember that Section 179 allows you to write off the costs of both new and used commercial kitchen equipment. Buying used means you’ll save money on the equipment itself, plus your taxes.
Buying used kitchen equipment is a win-win situation for everyone. You’ll save money, all while having the opportunity to use higher-quality accessories than you may have been able to afford otherwise. Plus, you’ll still get the same tax benefits and keep waste out of landfills.
To learn more about the benefits of used kitchen equipment, talk to the team at Commercial Equipment Service Inc. We offer professional kitchen equipment sales, installation and service at great prices. Call us today to get started.